OKM Android Apps
Metal detector Apps for Android Smartphones and Tablets
Selected 3D ground scanners and metal detectors utilize software applications which can be installed and used on Android Smartphones and Tablet PCs. These Android Apps are used as graphical user interface (GUI) to control the functionality of the detector – that connects via Bluetooth or WiFi – and visualizes the measured data in three-dimensional graphics. Thus, the user can determine if any buried artifact, treasure or structure is hidden in the underground soil.
Today most people are using smartphones and tablet PCs in their daily life. This familiarity is a great advantage for the metal detector user, who must not learn any difficult operating procedure. If you know how to operate a Smartphone or Tablet PC, controlling our detectors is “a piece of cake”.
Currently we offer the following applications for detectors:
- Rover UC: The 3D metal detector Rover UC was the first OKM detector that utilized an Android application as controller. The Smartphone is the best solution for this disguised undercover detector. This special combination of a portable device and a metal detector was unique and set new standards in metal detection technology.
- Fusion Light: The metal detector and ground scanner has been developed for treasure hunters with a smaller budget. The visualization of measurement data directly on the smartphone provides easy usability, especially for beginners. For more experienced users, the Visualizer 3D software can be extended to display measurement data three-dimensionally on a PC.
- Bionic X4: The gold long range detector Bionic X4 makes extensive use of the Smartphones camera and compass to realize the cross-bearing of distant gold targets. So the gold detector can easily confirm the detected signals visually to assist the gold seeker during his search.
- GeoSeeker: The GeoSeeker application has been designed especially for Tablet PCs. This Android app allows the user of our water and cavity detector GeoSeeker to follow an easy step-by-step guide to conduct geo-electrical resistivity measurements. After finishing the survey the Android application analyzes the recorded data and creates a 3D representation of the underground resistivity distribution.
- Gepard GPR: The ground penetrating radar Gepard GPR 3D is our most complex application. The user is controlling every bit of the Gepard GPR detector and is also analyzing the 3D graphics that are generated from underground scan data. Recorded measurements can be viewed in 2D or 3D graphics. Furthermore, additional filters can be applied and scan data can be exported in various formats.
- eXp 6000: The application of our 3D ground scanner eXp 6000, which is part of our well known Earth Imagers, can be used optionally. Even without the application the eXp 6000 metal detector can be operated with a built-in touchscreen display as well as video eye glasses.
All applications can be downloaded directly via Google Play. Alternatively we offer pre-installed applications on Smartphones or Tablet PCs when purchasing one of our metal detectors or 3D ground scanners.
OKM continuously developes and improves metal detector applications to meet the requirements for as many Android Smartphones and Tablet PCs as possible.
Copyright: Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.